Search This Blog

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Chicken Sausage Alfredo

Hi lovelies! I hope everyone's weekend is going great!

Hubby and I have been so busy lately that we have been eating out a little too much. And now that I'm back to working part-time, I'm excited to start cooking a lot more. Yay!

After de-cluttering our apartment and getting rid of "junk" that has been accumulating (ahh I love getting rid of stuff!), I decided to make a pasta dish. My husband loves pasta and I don't make it as much as he would like me to.

So today I threw together some ingredients and decided to call it "Chicken Sausage Alfredo." I probably should have called it Broccoli Alfredo since I used so much broccoli! Ha!


I shared the picture above on my Instagram and said that I would share what my hubby thought of the dish. And he LOVED it! Seconds after trying it, with the cutest Italian accent and his eyes closed, he said "Italy, Italy, Italy!" Haha! He said it was very rich and flavorful, with a nice spicy kick! Oh and the turmeric gave it such a pretty color too!

I paired the pasta with a simple caesar salad and whipped up my own homemade caesar dressing. The dressing alone needs a blog post! I could eat the dressing on its own it's that good! Will be sharing in future posts. 

Heres a recipe to the pasta. 

Alfredo Sauce Ingredients:
-3/4 stick of butter
-1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
-1 cup Pecorino Romano (love the sharp flavor!)
-5 cloves garlic
-pinch of salt & pepper 

Alfredo Sauce Instructions:
In a saucepan, melt the butter and then whisk in the cream. Add pinch of salt & peppa. Add the crushed garlic and the cheese. Bring to a light simmer. And done! 

Pasta Ingredients:
-box of Quinoa shells (cook per packaging instructions)
-head of broccoli, chopped
-1/2 onion, sliced (purple onion would be great too!)
-package of Trader Joe's Spicy Jalapeno Chicken Sausage, sliced
-pinch of salt, pepper, turmeric, oregano and cumin 
-2 Tbsp. olive oil (for sauteing)

Pasta Insructions:
Saute over medium heat the onion, sausage, and broccoli for about 5-7 min. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, turmeric, oregano, and cumin. Combine the alfredo sauce and the cooked shells. 

Two hours later, hubby asked for more! I think I'll be making it again :) 

Until next time!
Xoxo,
Alina

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog!! And this recipe sounds delicious!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you sweet heart. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete